My Weight Loss Journey | Week 3
Hello (beautiful souls everywhere I get to call friends), thank you for being here and following this journey!
It’s been an exciting road leading up to this moment and now we’re finally so close to the wedding day, I’m really excited to get there already and just enjoy the day. The planning (or limited time thereof) has been pretty challenging and stressful, so… I’m ready! :-D
Anyhow, I’m happy that I’ve at least dropped some weight, more than I originally set out to lose, and enough to feel more comfortable in the dress and made gradual adjustments to ease me into a new lifestyle.
After week 3 ends, I plan on keeping bread out of my diet, avoid sodas and really (really) limit the amount of gluten, rice and potatoes.
To keep things moving along, here are the links to Week 1 and Week 2 if you’d like to start, catch up, or just learn more about this lil’ plan of mine… In Week 2 I also shared how I’ve been dealing with the cravings and some quick recipes I made @ home.
Here’s the plan for Week 3:
1. No bread & gluten products.
2. If necessary, have only 1 cheat day.
3. Limit alcohol consumption to 1/week (2 drinks max).
4. Practice the Affirmations I shared in the blog for Week 1.
5. Drink 2 liters of water daily. I like iDrated to keep track of the amount of water I drink, plus get reminded randomly throughout the day to drink because honestly, I get so carried away – I forget.
6. Add spice to my foods. (details in the blog for Week 2)
7. When feeling the craving for something sweet, I will limit what I put inside my body to fruits and dark chocolate.
8. Cut soda from my diet (that includes no diet or zero calorie soda as well) and resort to flavored water and sparkling or soda water. (see below for combo ideas)
9. Wear tighter, more fitted tops – for psychological reasons, to encourage me to make better choices when I eat.
10. Get consistent sleep – if you’re subscribed to my email, you already got the tips on how to get the best night’s sleep; if you’re subscribing today (sign in below), you’ll get a link to all the previously emailed content and you’ll find them in there.
11. Cardio 3/week. After the end of week 3, I plan on continuing my cardio routine + add strength training into the mix.
12. Do a new vision board and include images that encourage a healthy, fit body. (more details below)
The staples from week 1 will translate into week as well, and in case you’re not familiar with them, I broke everything down in Week 1.
In this week's video I also promised some details and here they are:
To get my running up, I use an app called 5K Runner.
The app promises that in only 30 minutes, 3 times a week for 8 weeks, we can run 5K. It’s got voice instructions and taps into my iTunes, so I can still listen to my jams. So far so good and I love it! (not sponsored)
Here’s an example of how I’ve flavored water: