Frizzy Hair? Here’s the DIY miracle!
What Causes Frizz?
Long story short – dryness and damage.
When your hair doesn’t get the hydration it needs, the cuticles rise to allow moisture to seep in. The excess moisture found in the atmosphere causes your hair to expand and there you have it! FRIZZ. The constant inadequate hydration will lead to damaged hair and frizziness.
This video will help with the frizz, but even if you’re not experiencing it, this is a great process to keep your hair healthy and hydrated. Doing this ideally 1 x week while eating right and drinking enough water, will keep your hair nourished and full of moisture.
STEP 1: MASK
• 1-2 eggs (depending on your hair length)
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup pure almond oil
1. Mix all ingredients into a lump-free paste.
2. Apply generously on the hair and scalp.
3. Cover with a hot towel or shower cap.
4. Leave on for about 20 minutes.
5. Shampoo thoroughly and condition as you normally would.
The vitamin A present in egg yolks help promote sebum production which really moisturizes the scalp and hair + the healthy fatty acids will rehydrate dry hair and smooth out frizziness.
Mayonnaise contains a wide variety of oils that nourish and moisturize hair. The presence of L-cysteine (an amino acid) in mayonnaise, helps nourish your scalp and promote healthy hair growth.
Almond oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E and magnesium among many other good-for-you ingredients. It's the perfect ingredient to nourish and strengthen your hair.
The mask will help provide your hair with the strength and nourishment that it needs, plus add extra shine.
That bonnet thingamajig I bought for $3 from the WISH app.
STEP 2: RINSE
• 1 pint of beer
1. Pour the beer into a bowl and let it sit overnight to decarbonate and go flat.
2. After shampooing/conditioning, pour the beer through the hair and massage the scalp.
3. Rinse the beer out with cold water afterwards.
The beer will help restore moisture into the hair, nourishing it with proteins and B vitamins, remove build up and add even more shine.
STEP 3: DRYER SHEETS
(if and when necessary)